Board Certified M.D & Internal Medicine Specialist
Open 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday.
Most Insurances accepted. Accepting New Patients.
OFF FreeWay US 95N - Opposite Santa Fe Station Casino
5061 North Rainbow Blvd #180
Las Vegas, NV - 89130.
(Please take exits 90 (or) 90 A - N. Rancho Dr - Las Vegas, NV - located between W. Ann Rd and W. Craig Rd on US 95 N Free Way)Type your paragraph here.
Dr. R. MUTHAIAH M.D.
Board Certified in Internal Medicine
Completed his residency in Internal Medicine from George Washington Universtiy, Washington D.C.
Doctors / Physicians Practicing in Las Vegas area since 2001.
Facts about Your Health
Heart disease and Heart attack:
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women; a total of 631,636 people in the United States died of heart disease
- In the United States, someone has a heart attack every 34 seconds. Each minute, someone in the United States dies from a heart disease-related event.
- Stroke is the third leading cause of death for both men and women.
- 137,000 people in the United States died of stroke, accounting for nearly 1 in every 17 deaths. Only heart disease and cancer killed more people
- Someone in the United States has a stroke every 40 seconds. Every three to four minutes, someone dies of stroke.
- Ischemic strokes, which occur when blood clots block the blood vessels to the brain, are the most common type of stroke, representing about 85% of all strokes – Primary Cause for this is due to Cholesterol deposits to the Carotid arteries (that supply the brain) causing occlusion and narrowing of those arteries.
- Age 20 years or older: 23.5 million or 10.7% of all people in this age group have diabetes.
- Diabetes is one of the major risk factors for Heart attack, Stroke, Chronic Kidney disease and Death.
Chronic Kidney disease (CKD):
- More than 10% of people, or more than 20 million, aged 20 years or older in the United States have CKD
- More than 35% of people aged 20 years or older with diabetes have CKD.
- More than 20% of people aged 20 years or older with hypertension have CKD.
- About one out of three U.S. adults—31.3%—has high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure is a major risk factor for heart disease, stroke, congestive heart failure, and kidney disease.
- More than one in five (22.4%) people with high blood pressure don't know that they have it.
- Approximately one in every six adults—16.3% of the U.S. adult population—has high total cholesterol.
- People with high total cholesterol have approximately twice the risk of heart disease as people with optimal levels
"Health is Your Wealth -
We care about Your Health -
Keep Your Health Wealthy at all Times!"